MAINSEARCHRULESFAQ Bookmark and Share
The Tab World -  The Ultimate Music Resource Search For Find
Browse SectionMembers PanelClose

TTW Forums: Music: Theory and composing

Log in or join our community (100% free) A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #
155 visitors online, 0 members online   We have 9 978 threads, 206 553 posts
All times are GMT (GMT +00:00) hours   View last 10 posts
Members online

Star Spangled Banner

Alien

Artist

Posted: 9.7.2006 18:23

What are some cool effect-like additions you can add to this classic national anthem? I wanna play it for a crowd of people like next year possibly, so I have a while to practice, and I want it to kick off the event with a bang.
Oh ya, I'm playing it on electric guitar with distortion all the way up.

"Green card, in my right shoe, something something, right shoe!"-Fez(That 70's show)

acidring

Artist

Posted: 14.7.2006 8:26

try a wha-wha pedal with/or a fuzz pedal. it's fun stuff

border=0

TheFuror

Genius

Posted: 15.7.2006 11:58

go for the talk box. they are fun and there is nothing people love more....

i recently aquired one of these

thegrail

Artist

Posted: 15.7.2006 12:07

get a video of BLS or ozzy during the years zakk was with him. if you can manage it do it the way zakk wylde does... anyone watching should be amazed that you can do it that way. it's not terribly difficult... but it sounds awesome.

Musicians don't play music, they bleed it.

Shatterhand

Groupie

Posted: 20.7.2006 20:48

Go listen to Jimi...you know who I'm talking about...

Hey lookie it's my guitar-love-thing^^

TheFuror

Genius

Posted: 20.7.2006 21:26

dude zakk wylde's star spangled banner sounds like shit....

i recently aquired one of these

Shatterhand

Groupie

Posted: 21.7.2006 20:29

Now now, maybe it sounds bad to you, but to others, not so much.

Hey lookie it's my guitar-love-thing^^

thegrail

Artist

Posted: 22.7.2006 6:15

it's all in the style you like... personally i love zakks style.

Musicians don't play music, they bleed it.

AvenueQ
Amateur

Posted: 11.8.2006 19:23

Does anyone have any cool vocal ideas for singing the National Anthem... I sing it all the time for events and such, so any way I can jazz it up or make it more interesting would be great!

zysab
Amateur

Posted: 11.10.2006 3:55

Chuck in some stuff jimi didn't do like whammy harmonics. do a dive on the open bottom e then tap a harmonic near the bridge on the bottom open e (open a aswell if u can do both at the same time), then bring it up right up with the whammy bar n make it scream! i think satriani has done the star spangled banner if u can find a recording, that might give you some ideas

subzero3009
Player

Posted: 15.12.2006 8:52

Crybaby Wah, Phaser, Flanger, anything like that.

raven rage

Guitar lesson reviews

Learning to play the guitar can be lots of fun and very rewarding but it takes practice, persistence and the proper instruction.

Private lessons can cost a small fortune and aren't always successful. Fortunately there are some terrific online offerings available for learning to play the guitar - even if you've never held a guitar before.

Visit Verovi.com where the public have reviewed all the ‘learn how to play guitar guides ’ & present the best they have found. Read user reviews and make an informed decision about what lesson will suit you best."I thoroughly recommend it" - Tabworld Webmaster"